Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sarah & Michael


Your hair’s shorter /  It, it suits you. / Oh I don’t really...I tagged along with Beth, she knows him / I didn’t expect you to be here... /
Do you remember the honeysuckle tree we carved our names in; Sarah and Michael forever? I scratched it out for you. I changed it to Sarah loves Michael forever.  / Yeah, I know... / I just didn’t think you would fall out of love with me. /
I’m okay. / At least that’s what I tell everyone. I must of said it 43 times today, well 44 now. / I can't lie to you though, I never could. Your my weakness... / I'm never okay anymore.
You gave me an Orchid on our first date and said it meant rare beauty, and it reminded you of me. / I would of given you an Oleander, you know. Because you’re poisonous, and your killing me.
Look, I'm sorry...just...Why her? I thought we were special, I thought it was you and me. Now it’s you and her. How can you tell me that when your with her?  Huh? I can’t talk to anyone, I can’t ever talk to anyone. I want to talk to you though, I want to tell you all my stories from when I went to Africa and played with baby lion cubs, and I want to tell you that I got an A in maths. I want to ask you how you are, and if you won your soccer finals. It’s been too long...
You better get back to her. / I’m okay, aren’t I? I can still smile.
2010 Monologue

No comments:

Post a Comment