Sunday, December 13, 2009

You Lost: Me.

I was the most beautiful girl he ever laid eyes on; the most beautiful girl to anybody who ever saw me.

My face told seas of lullabies, not one of truth but none of lies. I was like a person's favourite song, but I would skip and pause; I was their broken record. The cover was perfect and it was right, but inside not a thing could fix the damage made to me. Most people never do find that song, the one which can play forever and they will always sing along. To everyone I was a pop tune and just a record cover; I was a delicate sketch that they would buy and stare at curiously. They couldn't read each into fine line, they couldn't hear the lyrics only the melody. Each word was one small piece to my never-ending puzzle; too complex for the hands of lovers to meddle with.

But you, my dear - played along with my game, my foolish game and my cruel song. You played along, but you will never put the pieces together.
Game over. You lost: me.


- 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment